Mission and Vision
Deans and Chairs
First 100 Days
Advising - OASIS
Centers - Initiatives
Make a Gift to COE
Apply to UMSL
Since 1998, the Leadership Academy in Character Education (LACE) has helped school leaders develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to create, implement and evaluate programs and processes that make their schools true learning communities in which character education is a vital part of the curriculum and culture.
LACE is a complex and comprehensive year-long professional development experience for school leaders. Its elements include:
- a starter library in character education,
- peer networking,
- attendance at a regional character education conference,
- a series of monthly full day workshops by national experts
- a curriculum of monthly written collaborative reflections with expert constructive feedback
- development of a site-specific character education plan
- collaborative site-based planning
- site visits to national award winning schools and presentations by award winning principals.
- an option for up to 6 graduate credits for LACE participation.
- eligibility for Advanced Certification by CHARACTERplus.