Mission and Vision
Deans and Chairs
First 100 Days
Advising - OASIS
Centers - Initiatives
About the MOLSAMP Program
Make a Gift to COE
Apply to UMSL
Welcome to the Missouri Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (MOLSAMP) website. MOLSAMP is a collaborative effort sustained by a coalition of seven public universities, one private university, and one community college to significantly increase the number of underrepresented minority students, (URM) statewide who complete undergraduate and advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, (STEM) fields. This goal will be accomplished through the implementation of a variety of activities and cohesiveness among the individual campuses to promote recruitment, retention and graduation of URM students.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) is an NSF sponsored program designed to broaden participation in science, technology, engineering, and technology (STEM) disciplines and increase the number of students receiving baccalaureate degrees and ultimately graduate degrees in STEM disciplines.
The objectives of the alliance are to:
- Increase the total number of URM students graduating with STEM degrees by 125% over a 5 year period
- Increase the first and second year retention rates of URM students in STEM disciplines to at least 60%
- Increase the successful transfer of URM students from 2 to 4 year institutions by 25%
- Increase the number of underrepresented students entering graduate programs in STEM fields by 25%
- The University of Missouri-St. Louis is one of nine colleges and universities to receive a five-year grant from MOLSAMP, which represents one of forty-one such programs sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
The MOLSAMP program provides:
- Opportunities to conduct and present undergraduate research at professional conferences and symposiums
- Material support and stipends for students in research projects
- A sophomore summer experience program
- Opportunities to meet and network with other STEM students and STEM professionals in the community
- Preparation for post-baccalaureate education and careers in STEM
To learn more about the program contact us at email@example.com.