SCOPE: The System for Comprehensive Ongoing Preparation of Educators
SCOPE is moving to MyCOE!
The College of Education (COE) is transitioning to a new platform for course-embedded assessments. SCOPE will now be a part of the MyCOE data system (mycoe.umsl.edu). This new system is available for all COE students in all programs. And the best news is... it's FREE! There is no set up necessary. If your course has a SCOPE assessment, it will now be available on the new MyCOE:SCOPE. Please do not purchase a Foliotek account. The only exception is for Teacher Candidates in Practicum 2, who must still purchase or renew an existing Foliotek account. The COE aspires to provide a free, easy-to-use, and effective system. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please contact the administrators at email@example.com.
Candidate instructions for uploading assessments in MyCOE:SCOPE
- Log in to mycoe.umsl.edu using your UMSL SSOID and password (same as MyGateway).
- After logging in, the first page will be a Dashboard containing a box labelled “My SCOPE Assessments.” This box will list your current course-embedded assessments. Click on the desired assessment to proceed.
- The assessment view will have a place to upload evidence (i.e. documents or links) if necessary and a place for form-related input. Complete the assessment by pressing the green “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
- No need to select a rater as the assessment is connected to your course/section. Your instructor will automatically receive your completed assessment. All evaluated assessments will have the rating criteria on the right side of the page to inform your completion of the assessment.
- If you have any technical questions, issues, or suggestions, please contact the SCOPE administrators through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Throughout the College of Education, aspiring teachers, leaders, and counselors use SCOPE as a tool for developmental assessment. SCOPE collects aggregate data that helps the College identify its strengths, enhance its programs, and make important decisions. These processes are necessary for College-level and program-level accreditation. The MyCOE system supplies the web-based framework of SCOPE.