- a courageous map-maker and navigator of your learning experience
- a creatively confident innovator in the company of educators passionate about interdisciplinary learning in formal and informal learning settings
- a expert noticer and documenter of your teacher-research that solves immediate problems of practice
- a keeper of a Common-Place book to record observations, sleuth-out connections and hunches, all toward strengthening your teaching and leadership practices
Enrolling NOW for Summer 2017!
Space is limited to only 15 Students so please act fast.
What is it?
EDcelerate is EDUC 6404, Graduate Seminar, a new M.Ed. concentration focus (1/2 of a concentration, for 9 hours) centered on the creativity sciences, interdisciplinary learning, collaboration and deliberate practice of teaching academic language, skills and assessment. Its focus is to nurture a cohort of K-12 practitioners, who are UMSL M.Ed. students, wishing to experience first-hand how to build deliberate learning communities where creativity and interdisciplinary practices are essential to the 21st century learner.
Who is this ideally for?
This intensive summer offerings (7 weeks online + 2 weeks physical summer institute) is for a master’s student wanting something different, AND, wishing to earn 9 graduate credits (of the 18 credits required) of a concentration of study.
Students CANNOT enroll in Part 3 as a stand-alone as it includes the capstone for the 9 in 9.
- Students can enroll in the Ramp-Up Part 1 and receive 3 credits. (May 15 - June 9, 2017)
- Students can enroll in the Ramp-Up Part 1 AND Deep Study Part 2 and receive 6 credits. (May 15 - June 29, 2017)
- Students can enroll in only (if they desire) Deep Study Part 2 and receive 3 credits. (June 12 - June 29).
- Students can enroll in all 3, Ramp-Up Part 1, Deep Study Part 2, and, Part 3 Enact Your Prototypes and receive 9 credits. (May 15 - July 14, 2017)
Who will lead the experience?
The lead instructor is Dr. Ralph A. Córdova, UMSL faculty, and founder of the ourCoLab.org and expert in creativity and culture-building in education. It will be co-led by Mr. Jeffery Hudson, founder of the InnoLab, co-founder of the Piasa Bluffs Writing Project and ourCoLab.org ; and Ms. Patti Swank, who is a Nationally Board Certified Educator, co-founder of the Piasa Bluffs Writing Project and ourCoLab.org.
Master of Education (MEd):