Office of Clinical Experience Home
Early Field Work with Community Agencies
Community Agency Partners
Information for Teacher Candidates
Inquiry into My Practice (IMP)
Information for BES Students
Information for Clinical Educators
Information for Clinical Teachers
Digital Devices, The Teaching Channel and Use of Video
Community Agency Partnerships and Experience
Our Teacher Education programs, as well as the innovative Bachelor of Educational Studies program offer students meaningful field experience, utilizing the partnerships that UMSL has formed with various community agencies throughout the St. Louis area. Gaining experience in a community agency setting benefits future educators in two important ways:
- Introduces the teacher candidates to a variety of options for education careers, providing broader professional choice and greater opportunity.
- Supports coursework with meaningful practice that engages the teacher candidates, enhances their relationship-building abilities, and develops their understanding of family/community dynamics and interactions.
Community agencies can impact educator preparation by:
- Providing formal and informal educational opportunities for educator candidates.
- Defining community assets and challenges.
- Leveraging cultural knowledge and community expertise.
- Sharing expertise with school and university faculty members to contribute solutions.
- Connecting key community stakeholders, such as school and university members.
- Influencing policy in support of renewed PK-20 learning systems.