Contact an Advisor
Hours and Location
Important Policies and Information
Grad Student Info
Forms and Applications
Undergrad / Teacher Cert.
Practicums and Clinical Experience
Undergraduate Forms And Applications
Teacher Education Program Application
This is the formal process to make sure all of the preliminary components are completed before being admitted into the Teacher Education Program. Before completing, please make sure you have passed the MoGEA assessment or scored 20 or higher on the ACT, all General Education and COE Classes, your GPA is at least a 2.75, and you've completed a TB test and a background check.
To begin, go to the MyCOE and apply.
Practicum I & II Application
Teacher education candidates experience their Practicum experiences through an innovative Studio Schools model. Studio Schools are ResponsiveDesign™ teams of candidates, clinical educators, teachers, and administrators collaborating to explore, envision, and enact innovative solutions that deepen learning and raise P-12 student achievement. Learn more about the Studio Schools model.
Start the application process.
DESE Professional Certification
- Once you have completed all coursework and passed all the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) assessments, you need to apply for your teaching certificate from DESE.
COURSE RELATED FORMS
Changing your major/minor/sub plan
Print the change of program form (PDF 221KB). Once you have filled it out, please set up an appointment with your advisor so they may verify everything on the form and sign it.
Drop/Add a course
Students may drop courses without administrative approval through the "official last day to drop classes without receiving a grade" via MyView, or in person. After the "official last day to drop classes without receiving a grade" students may drop classes (with appropriate signatures) in the Registrar's Office, the Advising Office, or the Dean's Office. Before submitting a drop/add request, we strongly encourage you to check with your advisor.
- Print the drop/add form (PDF 49KB).
If you are attempting to drop a course AFTER WEEK FOUR of the semester, you will need to use a LATE DROP FORM (PDF 181KB) and have it signed by the instructor, and if applicable, the Dean.
Family Care Safety Registry
- In order to work with children or in a community agency, a teacher candidate MUST have a background check completed through the Family Care Safety Registry website. The background check must be uploaded into the COE portal and updated yearly. You may complete the registration online.
Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA)
- The Missouri State Board of Education requires teacher candidates to successfully complete several assessments during their teaching candidacy. The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) use these assessments to help guide the pre-professional development of students interested in earning educator certification in the state of Missouri. Learn more about MEGA assessments.
- Throughout the College of Education, aspiring teachers, leaders, and counselors use MyCOE as a tool for developmental assessment. MyCOE collects aggregate data that helps the College identify its strengths, enhance its programs, and make important decisions. These processes are necessary for College-level and program-level accreditation. For more information about MyCOE, please read, What is MyCOE.
UMSL Student Handbook
- The UMSL Student Handbook contains information about general policies on the UMSL campus.
To apply to graduate, log on to MyView. Select Self Service > Degree Progress/Graduation > Apply for Graduation. Then they follow the prompts on the screen. It’s very simple and takes less than 3 minutes providing your program information is correct in MyView.